Thursday, November 27, 2008

Myrtle

This is more of what I was talking about in my previous post. For those of you who don't know, this is Myrtle Corbin. She was a sideshow freak and I think she's incredible. I scanned this from a copy of a photo I bought at an antique store a couple years ago and she lives on my wall with my paintings and other "freak" photos. Those little legs are that of Myrtle's parasitic twin. She was said to have given birth from both sets of legs and this little twin earned her about $450 a week, which in the late 1800s, was on obscene amount of money. She's so special to me that she inspired me to make a parasitic twin Blythe custom, which is something no one in the Blythe community had previously done. Her name is Palindrome and her parasitic twin (head) is named Jojobee. I also made another sideshow Blythe named Pinchy. She's mean and she is equipped with crab pinchers (made of sculpey and removable).People like Myrtle inspired me to do these things and hopefully she'll help spark some ideas for my new series.



No comments: