Monday, October 20, 2008

"come play with us, danny...forever and ever and ever..."

Since it's the month of spookies and teeth eating candy, I thought I'd post my character paintings from the Shining I did last year for Floating World Comics. The show was titled, A Life in Pictures and we could interpret Stanley Kubrick's work and life in any way we imagined. The most influential thing he did, to me, were the characters from The Shining. They could not have been more perfectly casted, nor rendered into their horrific roles. I decided to paint them, in my style in his honor.



3 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

I'm loving your "Ode to The Shining". Very nice.

Ashley Armbruster said...

thank you! wendy was incredibly hard. somehow i thought her gawkiness would be easier to capture...

Anonymous said...

I love these! I've been doing a few Stephen King-inspired sketches and I found you while researching for the Shining. My stuff is here: http://www.littlekingryan.blogspot.com.